This FOIA request targeting the Internal Affairs Division of the Chicago Police Department is one of the last requests that we will be filing as part of our 2017 FOIA Campaign.
Please provide the following records in machine readable digital format in accordance with the Illinois Freedom of Information Act.
A. Provide all data related to complaints against officers received by Interal Affairs Division and the subsequent investigations for the years 2000-2017.
B. Provide aggregate totals for the following categories related to Internal Affairs Division investigations for the years 2000-2017
1. Complaints received broken down by category
2. Closed investigations broken down by category and outcome
3. The number of cases submitted for prosecution to the Cook County State’s Attorney and the United States Attorney’s broken down by category
4. The number of cases accepted for prosecution by Cook County State’s Attorney and the United States Attorney’s broken down by category
5. The number of cases accepted for prosecution by Cook County State’s Attorney and the United States Attorney’s broken down by category that resulted in a conviction.
6. The number of cases where there was a recommendation for discipline and the officer field a grievance seeking an arbitration hearing
7. The outcomes for all cases where the officer sought an arbitration hearing to challenge the recommended discipline broken down by category and outcome.
Please fulfill this request in the 5 working days mandated by Illinois Law. Please send all questions or updates to this request via email by responding to this email.
This request was filed on Feb 24, 2018.
Updates will be posted as we receive them.
The CPD failure to follow the law has force our organization to file a lawsuit. Find more info here.